1. Find the CEF-1 Form under "Forms" on the VHSL website. The form is a word template and has a file type/extension of ".dot."
2. Open the form and save it on your computer using the following filename format, "cef-schoolcode-yyyymmdd.dot" (e.g., Rockbridge County High School would name a file saved on May 1, 2013 as "cef-rkco-20130501.dot"). Your four-letter school code is listed in the VHSL Directory next to your school name.
3. At the top of your form, fill in your school name, school code (see #2 above), and select the school year from the drop-down list. The school year selected should be that of the school year just completed. For example, a form submitted May 1, 2013 would include the names of all coaches at your school during the 2012-13 school year.
4. Use columns provided to list the names of ALL athletic coaches at your school. Provide month and year in "mmyyyy" format (May 2013 = 052013) for any/all courses completed for each coach. Indicate the source of the certified program used to meet each requirement (e.g., ASEP, NFHS). Veteran coaches MAY be exempt from Coaching Principles (ASEP) or Fundamentals of Coaching (NFHS), but ALL ATHLETIC COACHES must complete the VHSL (State) Component. For veteran coaches to whom the coaches education requirement does not apply, provide Last Name, First Name, M.I., date of first hire, and "WAIVED" in the last column. All other columns may be left blank.
5. Save the completed form (see #2 above) and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read "CEF-Schoolname," where schoolname is the name of your school.